Wednesday 5 November 2014

Heather's October Favourites

I'm back and ready for November! But before this month can properly start, I've got to document my October favourites for you. Here we go...

Book
Once again I have only actually read one book this month. Terrible, I know. However, I have a feeling that Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell would have made it onto this list even if I had something to compare it to. The original plot doesn't seem that interesting, but it's the way that Rowell writes that made me fall in love with this book. Read my review for more information.



Film
I know that Ben has both reviewed this film and used it in his favourites, but the best film I saw this month was The Maze Runner. I thought the concept was original and interesting, and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Also Dylan O'Brien played the lead, so I had nothing to complain about there.



Song
This month Ed Sheeran released Thinking Out Loud as his new single. Since it has always been my favourite track from the album, I figured now was the perfect time to include it here. I absolutely adore everything about this song. The lyrics are so beautiful and sweet, and the tune is catchy, but not in an annoying All About That Bass way. This song also has personal meaning to me, and I think that makes me love it even more.



TV Show
Autumn is that time of year when all the awesome shows return to our TVs, and one in particular that I have been looking forward to is Gogglebox. I honestly think it is one of the best shows on television. I could literally watch it for hours. The concept of watching people watch TV is a weird one and it doesn't sound particularly entertaining, but it definitely is. My favourite are Stephen and Chris, the Michaels family and Leon and June. I literally look forward to this show all week.



App
The only app I have downloaded this month is The X Factor App, and whilst it is mostly crap, it does have its merits. The main concept of the app isn't that great, but it gives you five free votes every week. This means I can now vote for Andrea and Only The Young without actually spending any money. Beautiful.



Album
This album technically came out a few months ago, but during October, my friend leant me My Everything by Ariana Grande. I much prefer it to her first album, Yours Truly, although the song about the piano is on YT. I've only really discovered Ariana Grande quite recently, and I am very happy that I did. My faves from this album are Break Free and Bang Bang (last month's favourite song) and I honestly just think her voice is awesome.



Whatever
This month I went to Ed Sheeran's concert in Manchester and it was absolutely beautiful, so of course it had to be included. I am still not over how talented he is. However, there was something else I needed to document as a favourite, and that is the Psychobabble podcast created by Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl (best name EVER). I am a MASSIVE fan of Tyler's, and he is the reason that I originally downloaded the podcast, but I have also come to love Korey. The content is funny and engaging, and the way it is delivered makes me laugh way too much than is socially acceptable when alone on the bus.


Heather out.

No comments:

Post a Comment