Wednesday 3 December 2014

3. Ello

Did you know that social networking is simply a means for advertisers to buy our details? We are worth millions as individuals in advertising, and in return we get to talk to each other on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Have you ever noticed that you might be talking to someone on "private" messenger about something you want, and then suddenly on a completely different website, you see an advert for it? Yeah. Something's up.

Well, Ello is the new social network which promises never to use us as a way to make money through advertising. Our details will never be sold and it will never cost us anything, either. What's also good about it is that it is simple but very effective. I hope that one day I will be using it more than facebook.

It's currently in beta, meaning it is still short on features, but a features list on the page will show you what they are planning on building, and it looks very exciting indeed. Also, because it is still being built, you can only join via invitation at the moment. However, anyone can request an invitation on their home page - or if you know me, ask me and I will send you an invitation.

Once you're on, you can add me if you like. I'm @Benjaminj1996. I hope to see you on there!

www.ello.co/

No comments:

Post a Comment